In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name or email address, personal preferences and profile information ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you such as customer information in a non–personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes.
From this information, and from the information you may be asked to input manually, mishu will create your profile, from which your Public Profile will be composed. Your Public Profile includes your first name, age, gender, location (either as city and country, or relatively to other user’s location) and photos. Other public information may also include your interests, Facebook Likes, education history, work history, relationship interests, etc. Later on, your answers to mishu’s questions will also be reflected in your Public Profile.
You might also be asked to allow mishu to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Services. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Services or in some other manner. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and matching preferences with other users, such as distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other mishu users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services.
Use of Personal Information. We may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- Create and display your mishu profile to other users of the Services;
- Allow other user to share your profile card and attach a deep link to your profile;
- Display the questions you post to other users of the Services and analyze the responses to your posted questions;
- Compare your profile and preferences with that of other users to provide both you and other users with potential matches;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- Advise you of changes to our services, or new services that we may implement from time to time;
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of our Services;
- Detect and protect against fraud and error;
- Track and analyze your preferences to better understand your service needs and eligibility;
We limit the personal information we collect and use to that which is necessary to fulfill our business purposes. We will not collect, sell, distribute or use personal information for any other purposes without your further consent.
- Service providers: We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting our service’s functionality, and supporting contests. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
Aggregated and/or non–personal information. We may use and share non–personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances with third parties, including advisors and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
Personal Information Protection. We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information.
Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Children’s privacy. We require users to be at least 15 years of age. We do not intend for anyone under the age of 15 to use any of the features or Services, and we certainly do not direct any of our content specifically at children less than 15 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online.